Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Headboard Re-make

Blogland is harmful to my free-time. As if I dont already have a wish list of things to sew. Now I have a wishlist of things to build. I found My Re-purposed Life which is amazing. This lady can transform anything. You should check out her blog. My power tools were begging me to visit them. so heres what I did.


I found this old headboard at the local thrift store. I removed the thin paneling piece in the back and the pegs sticking off the top.



took some extra wood I had laying around (also repurposed from an old cabinet) and sanded it down roughly and cut to fit my headboard. I added layers around the top "Mantel" to trim it out.



put some scraps in the inside to hold shelves


lots more sanding to rough it up and make all the different wood tones blend




you wouldnt guess that there were two different types of wood and stain at the beggining.



nice primitive-rustic look. My fave



There it is, my new Faux fireplace-shelf-mantle. Now I have to make a screen for the front to hide all of those ugly electronics.











2 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow! Do not tell Nate that you handle power tools. He is making (more) chicken tractors for me today, and I am not helping. I am internetting.
    Silly silkie disappeared. Now she's back 11 chicks. I gave away the other silkies (zoning traumas) and ended up with more than I started with! 2 are white - interested?

    ReplyDelete