Sunday, February 14, 2010

Freezer Paper Stencil

I can check one more thing off my to do list. This is my first try at freezer paper stencils
1. draw a picture of what you want on the dull side of the freezer paper, and cut out with a razor knife.


2. Iron onto fabric, shiney side down.
3. Paint! I used spray paint and I really like the results. But I would think that fabric or acrylic paint would be just as nice.
4. Sew :) I only waited about 5 mins for my paint to dry (because I am impatient) before I started sewing.
The spray paint I used was actually a rusty brown primer color but looks pink on the fabric ( how lucky for me) so its always a good idea to do a test swatch. I believe this was enough fun that I will have to make some more.



1 comment:

  1. Hey! cyberspace stole my comment from the other day! It said something like, "I was totally following along right up until 'Draw a picture.' "

    ReplyDelete