Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Whole Wheat Crackers

Somehow I thought this would be harder than it was. I dreaded trying to make my own crackers thinking that there was some hidden complication or reason not to. This recipe is so easy to make, granted it takes a little time and patients to roll out the dough between the waxed paper, but very much worth it. I was willing to follow the recipe and add butter, but did not have any. So I used applesauce instead and added a Tbsp. of Olivio. When the first batch was done, I called out my taste testers and they emptied the pan. I had to use force to keep them away from the rest so that I had some to go with dinner, which was homemade chicken noodle soup. I made some plain (with a little salt) and sprinkled some with caraway seeds and basil. All were delicious.


3 comments:

  1. These look great! I need to try the wax paper. I made some a few weeks ago. They turned out tasty, but I was disappointed with how much time they took. I had a lot of interruptions which was part of it, but it took me all afternoon! I'll bet the wax paper would really make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look really nice. Any chance of the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. sure the recipe is posted just below the crackers. Good luck

    ReplyDelete