Friday, August 29, 2008

Dumpster Dive Duo!

On a dumpster diving excursion this spring, I found a whole pile of brand new lanyards. This one has a new life as a match to my new cell phone case. The shirt was a hand-me-down that no one wanted. I liked the print so I put it in my pile of fabric. wa-la! Trash to Treasue :)
I ripped the seam out of the old lanyard and covered it with the fabric, I wanted a clip instead of a ring, so I use this one that I had cut off of an old purse before I tossed it.
I used the rest of the fabric scraps to make a case for my cell phone, I used the shirt strap for a handle.
That was soooo much fun, and simple to make....................I think I will make another!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly!
    I just discovered an old sewing machine in my basement, did some Googling and realizied it's the same old Kenmore that you have.
    I've ordered the instruction manual, but in the mean time, I'm wondering if you'd be willing to share some tips on how to thread it and let me know where you buy replacement bulbs (mine's burnt out.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Thanks
    Amy
    LawsonAmyB at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    Glad to see you giving an old machine a second chance. www.sewusa.com has the manual for the kenmore machine you have. You can print off the page that shows how to thread your machine. The rest of the manual has to be purchased to be seen. I think that JoAnne's Fabric sells the bulbs, I would take the old one with you just to be sure that it is the right size. Good luck
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete